Evolution crashes when adding contacts to contact list

Is there a practical limit to number of messages evolution can handle along with number of contacts?  I am running evolution 3.2.3 under Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit on a Dell Vostro 3500 with 8 GB RAM.  The mail subfolder is 5.3 GB and the addressbook.db is 1.2 MB.  I still have more folders to import from Outlook Express.  Is there an error log that would help diagnose the problem?

Thank you,

John