Clutter Background-Blur

Hey community,

I want to apply the Clutter.BlurEffect() only to the background of an element. If I try this, for example, with a semi-transparent panel:

let fx; fx = new imports.gi.Clutter.BlurEffect(); imports.ui.main.panel.actor.add_effect(fx);

then I get a completely blurred panel, text and symbols included, but the background of the panel (usually the desktop background) gets not blurred. How can i blur only that what's 'behind' the panel?

~erdlof