Files disappearing from ~/.config/autostart

I have a few files linked into ~/.config/autostart:

  dropbox.desktop             -> /usr/share/applications/dropbox.desktop
  gnome-encfs-manager.desktop -> /usr/share/applications/gnome-encfs-manager.desktop
  mt-modify-keymap.desktop    -> /usr/share/applications/mt-modify-keymap.desktop

I've found that at times the system seems to remove some of these
files.  What would be causing it, and why?

For example, when I booted this system today the 'dropbox.desktop'
link had been removed and I had to re-add it.  Interestingly there was
a process running dropbox after startup anyway.

The contents of dropbox.desktop is

~~~~
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Dropbox
GenericName=Network Storage
Comment=Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them
easily
Exec=dropboxd
Icon=dropbox
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Network;
StartupNotify=false
~~~~

/M

email: magnus therning org   jabber: magnus therning org

Most software today is very much like an Egyptian pyramid with
millions of bricks piled on top of each other, with no structural
integrity, but just done by brute force and thousands of slaves.
     -- Alan Kay