Off topic - About the name of GNOME

Hi list, this is my first message on the list. I have a doubt about
the name GNOME, I know that is a acronym GNU Network Object Model
Environment, because I am reading the Ubik book by Philip Dick, and in
him names the word gnome in the chapter 10, relative a the rotary
motor (Wankel's motor), may be that not have nothing that see, but
somebody know some to respect?

Regards,

--
Darío

Por favor, no utilice formatos de archivo propietarios para el
intercambio de documentos, como ser DOC, XLS, BMP, PPT, RAR, MP3, MOV,
WMV, etc.  sino  ODT, ODS, DJVU, PDF, TXT, PNG, FLAC, OGV, GZ o
cualquier otro que no obligue a utilizar un programa de un fabricante
concreto.
Info: http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.es.html
       http://www.vaslibre.org.ve/publicaciones/odfvsooxml-es.pdf