Re: Baffled by Gnome 3 -- dconf-editor and extensions !?

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 04:17:13PM -0500, William Case wrote:
> I have downloaded the auto-move-windows extension and it seems to be
> installed.  I have opened dconf-editor and found org => gnome =>
> gnome-session.  There doesn't appear to be a field(s) into which I can
> list programs to automatically start in a pre-chosen work space.

In GNOME 3.2:
 * gnome-shell as well as mutter still use gconf
 * extensions *cannot* use dconf (gsettings schema cannot easily be in
   your ~/)

Both will be addressed in GNOME 3.4, allowing extensions to do more.

Don't know anything about the aito-move-windows extension, but I assume
above already explains why configuration is either missing to difficult
to do.
--
Regards,
Olav