Interface problems after recompiling GSettings schemas

Hello,

I had to recompile the GSettings schemas recently, and after the next reboot, parts of the system dependent on GNOME libraries began acting strangely. For instance, applications using GTK2 or GTK2's skin (such as Qt in some settings) are now forced into the "ugly mode". GTK3 plays sounds while clicking on some widgets; toolbars are forced into the "text below icons" layout, I can't change the theme at all, even through dconf-editor, and various other problems.

I'd like to know what to do to return the system to a more stable state.

Thanks,
Filip.