Re: Gnome support? we =?iso-8859-1?Q?don?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B4t_need_no_stinking_support!_=28read_as_in_=22badges=2C_?= =?iso-8859-1?Q?we_don=B4t_need_no_stinkin=B4?= badges")

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 04:28:06AM -0300, Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 14:15, fred smith <fredex fcshome stoneham ma us> wrote:
> > in F15, I spent about 5 minutes with a pre-beta LIVE CD of F15 with Gnome
> > 3 and couldn't figure out for the life of me how one was supposed to
> > DO anything with it. like, why would you take a perfectly good working
> > system and hide everything that the user might want to do?

There is an extensive help about GNOME shell and various GNOME programs
included in Fedora.

> I decided to see what the Gnome support forums were saying. And guess what?...
> You Google "Gnome Support" and get back among the first results
> "Gnome.org/support" so you click on it.
>
> http://www.gnome.org/support/
>
> "Ooooops. Something is not here.
> The page you tried to access was not found."
>
> The page title (HTML document <TITLE>) reads: "Nothing found for Support"
>
> That says it all, right?. ;-)

In summary: Google references an old page and the site has since
changed. Every footer still has a lot of links which are still useful.

> I´m curious about what the resident gurus on this list have to say...

What is not clear about a 404?

Making conclusions about GNOME from an outdated page on a search engine
(www.google.com) is a bit strange.

> FC
> PS: The first result of the Google search leads to GnomeSupport.org
> which... guess what... is not responding http requests...

Please ping the sysadmin for gnomesupport.org.
--
Regards,
Olav (moderator)