Install & reinstall glib

Hello,

I am having trouble with Gnome GUI on my Linux distro.

Few days back, i needed the latest Glib to resolve a dependency. Since my distro did not provide the latest Glib i had do a manual install using
http://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.28/

However, after reboot, i am not able to get the GUI to work. I keep getting xsessionerrors which list Glib problems.

[code](gnome-panel:5354): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_get_qdata: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed[/code]

Here is link to the log.
https://gist.github.com/8f3ba3ef9007a9d123bb

I have tried switching from gdm to xdm.
I have tried openbox, xfce4.(originally Gnome)

Yet, i cannot get the GUI working. All i get is a wallpaper & mouse cursor. No menus, No right-click menu or taskbars.

I tried to remove 'glib*' using apt-get, but it lists far too many packages. Plus, since i did not install it using apt-get, i am not sure the uninstall will be proper.

Please help.