Re: Could anyone tell me what in GNOME 3 fixes the incompatibility between my screen and video card ?

Hi folks,

It turns out that this is because the image is shipped with the newly designed nouveau driver, which already supports 3D acceleration. And since this open source driver is compatible with my third-party screen, I am able to use gnome-shell.

Gnome 3 is cool. Great job!

Cheers,
Song Gao
School of Computer Science