Re: remove interface tab (please don't)

On 25 Feb 2010, at 23:50, Walter Prins wrote:

> On 25 February 2010 23:32, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
>
>> It's very simple: do not use color as the only means of
>> conveying information.  It's even in the HIG:
>> http://library.gnome.org/devel/hig-book/stable/design-color.html.en#hsv
>>
>> Fine, but let's not remove the use of colour because some people have
> difficulty using it either.  (As an aside FWIW, I don't see that colour
> blindness is really relevant to the question under discussion.)

Well, okay, let's put it this way, then: any GNOME application that relies on icons being present in menus is inherently poorly-designed, because users have always been able to globally turn off menu icons if they wish. Therefore, their presence is not something that any application designer should ever have relied on.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team