Moving windows with Alt+F7

Hi;

If I use the Alt-F7 key, I can grab a window and move it either using my
mouse or arrow keys.  I would like to be able to fine tune this window
movement.  Right now the arrow keys move a window by about 25? pixels
with each button press.  I would like to get at the program that does
this so I can set up something like:

While in window move mode:
1 Arrow key press = 25? pixels (i.e. remains unchanged)
1 Ctlr-Arrow key press = 1 pixel

With the above solution I can then set exact placement without trial and
error for use in xwininfo or window postioning programs like compiz or
devilspie.

Some direction on where I might find the appropriate gnome setup or
configuration programs. Or, maybe this is too complex a task and should
be a request for enhancement.  Advice please ?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2