Re: Permission denied on .gvfs

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 12:43:30 +0200
"Kjeld Flarup" <kjeld flarup liberalismen dk> dijo:

>Hello
>
>When running backup jobs as root, the .gvfs mount is causing permission
>denied warnings from both tar & find jobs.
>
>I find this very annoying.
>
>Is it advisable to unmount .gvfs before running a backup?
>
>Or are there other posibilities to prevent these messages.

I would also like an answer to this question. I use rdiff-backup and it
errors on the .gvfs mount causing the backup to halt. Luckily it gets
to the error message after only a few minutes of the backup, so I can
just wait for it to happen and then tell the backup to continue. I've
tried excluding it from the backup, but so far haven't hit on the right
syntax.

As I recall I tried unmounting it and could not do so, even as root.

I'd like more information on exactly what .gvfs does and who thought it
was a good idea to mess up backups.