Re: Nautilus keeps showing me a LAN Network I don't have ?!?

On Sun, 2010-01-10 at 19:24 -0500, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> A long dead (WindowsXP + Linux) network keeps showing up.
>
> The        ']$ nautilus --no-desktop network:'
>
> command produces a nautilus window titled 'Network' showing an icon for
> 'Windows Network'  When clicked on, 'Windows Network' warns "Unable to
> mount location Failed to retrieve share list from server".  Which isn't
> surprising since WindowsXp hasn't been on another machine in my LAN for
> a year.  I do have WindowsXP as a dual boot on this one machine.
>
> Nautilus wouldn't be counting the single box, dual boot Fedora 12 &
> WindowsXP as a network -- would it?
>
> Or is there a file left over from when there was WindowsXP on one of my
> other machines?  If so, what should I look for and remove?  What
> configuration file would the old 'XP be in?  I have searched for such a
> file using 'locate' and the 'search files' applet.
>
> ']$ nautilus --no-desktop network: ' is supposed to show me the LAN that
> does exist, but the current LAN never shows.

Do you have a samba server running someplace?  I don't have any
Microsoft stuff in the house now either but do maintain a samba server
for the convenience of visiting laptops.  This shows up in "Windows
Network" in nautilus.

--
N. B. Day
39° 28.3964' North, 119° 48.6346' West, 1403m up