Re: mouse event handling

On 15 Feb 2010, at 12:52, Nischal Rao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know how mouse events are handled in the gnome environment.
> Is it possible at any point of time to find out the all the UI
> elements(button, textbox etc) currently displayed on the screen that respond
> to mouse click events? Is there such an API?

This sounds like something the accessibility APIs should be able to help you with.  Some of the tools that test for accessibility coverage rely on this sort of information.

<http://projects.gnome.org/accessibility/>

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Interaction Designer     Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum benson sun com            OpenSolaris Desktop Team