Gthread creation problem

I'm using the gtk-win32 library with VC++2005.  Until now, my GTK apps have
worked successfully although any thread creation has so far been done using
libpthread-win32.

Now I'm building an app (quite a large one) that uses g_thread_create() and
that doesn't seem to be working so well.  'g_thread_create()' seems to
return without any errors - but the created threads immediately exit with
"code 9".  Later in the week I'll see if I can make a smaller app to
reproduce the problem but in the meantime, I just wondered if anyone knows
what it means when a thread exits with "code 9"?  Thanks.

John
BTW - this is my first post to this list.  If it isn't the correct list for
this type of question, please just let me know the correct one.