Nautilus Changes

Since the update to nautilus from 2.28.4 to 2.30.1 I noticed there were a few things that really bug me. Now most media icons(images and movies) have a fairly large white border around them that is really unappealing with my current theme and something minor but still really dislike is that now the tabs in nautlis take up 100% of the space they can(one is the whole thing, two is 50% each etc. etc.) I was wondering how I could revert these changes?