Re: Where are the GUADEC recorded videos? ; jor

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 09:45:23PM -0700, giovanni_re wrote:
> Suggestions:
>
> They should be front page top dead center here.  You don't want to make
> these not easy to find.
> http://www.guadec.org/index.php/guadec/index

They're not available yet. We had the streams on the frontpage, but
conference is over so the webmaster removed them.

> Furthermore, someone should also tell that webmaster that top dead
> center, in LARGE font, should be a link to here:
> http://www.guadec.org/index.php/guadec/2010/

Purpose? There already is a 'conference' link at the top.

> Without that link, the current site looks like the 2010 conference site,
> & doesn't include a link to the videos.
>
> ==
> Where is Stormy Peter's talk?  The director of the entire project, the
> annual conference, & no video recording of the #1 most important talk?
> Doesn't do much good in getting that info to people all around the
> world.
>
> Can that be fixed, ASAP?

She's director of the GNOME foundation. We're not a company. Her talk
isn't that interesting for overall GNOME. AGM talk is about the overall
state of GNOME, way more interesting. Further, the talk was recorded &
streamed.

www.gnome.org, contact, information about the gnome foundation

> Is there a more active gnome list I missed?

A mailing list has a specific topic. There are various very active
lists.

> Didn't find the gnome board of directors page in 5+ clicks from
> gnome.org.

What page?

Anyway, we have a specific list for www.guadec.org called
guadec-web-list. If you send your suggestions there the webmaster will
see it.
For www.gnome.org we have gnome-web-list.

--
Regards,