Linking with arm-linux-gcc

Hello,

I am getting following error while compiling my c code with arm-linux-gcc cross compiler.
Undefined reference to 'xmlNewDoc'
relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 xmlNewDoc.

although when i was compiling my c code with gcc it works fine.

While using arm-linux-gcc i provided library file path at the time compilation but still getting error. Can you suggest me what is the proper way to link libxml library file in the case of arm-linux-gcc cross compiler.

Thanks