Re: setting password length with gnome

Dne, 10. 11. 2009 22:33:23 je Michael Young napisal(a):
> 1. How can I use the gnome gui to set the minimum acceptable password
> length to 8 for new user accounts.

In my humble experience, it depends on your distro. I'm on Debian which
generally overrides any security settings that you could set in Gnome.
Thus, adding new users or deleting old ones never worked in my Gnome,
it only ever worked if set on the command line. Now, about specifically
setting the password length -- I don't remember ever seeing a Gnome GUI
applet for doing that. I may be wrong, of course.

--
Regards, and best of lucks

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801