RE: Forgotten password and username  via

It sounds like you should be able to boot into a root console without a password using “recovery mode” from the grub menu (press Esc at system startup).

Then reset the root password with ‘passwd’.

From: gnome-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gnome-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Arnold Warren
Sent: 26 March 2009 16:48
To: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Forgotten password and username

Good afternoon I am new to ubuntu and I have been dealing with a problem for about a month now. I installed ubuntu 7.10 in my computer and forgot the username and password. I have done everything I could think of but I still come up with nothing. If anyone can help me with this problem, please contact me by email.
Thank you,
Arnold Warren
arnold_warren msn com

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for Hotmail®. See how.

Richard Bradley
Tel : 020 7485 7500 ext 230 | Fax : 020 7485 7575
Web : | E-mail : Richard Bradley softwire com

Addr : 325 Highgate Studios, 53-79 Highgate Road, London NW5 1TL

Softwire Technology Limited. Registered in England no. 3824658. Registered Office : 13 Station Road, London N3 2SB