Re: Reading man pages

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 01:34 -0700, Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-06-20 at 20:24 -0500, Chris wrote:
> > I know I can read them from a terminal however, previously when I was
> > running KDE I could read them from Konqueror using man:<name>, is there
> > a way to do this in Gnome with Nautilus or some such app?
>
> If you have Yelp installed, you can navigate to "man:<name>" from within
> it. Alternatively, you can browse to it directly via running "yelp
> man:<name>" from a terminal prompt or the "Run Application" dialog.
>
> Hope that helps.
Thanks Peter, trying to install Yelp this morning via urpmi and I see:

The following package cannot be installed because it depends on packages
that are older than the installed ones:
yelp-2.26.0-2.1mdv2009.1

I'm not sure where to go from here. What is the easiest way to convert a
manpage to a postscript file so that I can use ps2pdf? I 'used' to use
IIRC for instance "man tmpwatch > tmpwatch.ps then run ps2pdf but that
no longer seems to work correctly.

Chris

--
KeyID 0xE372A7DA98E6705C