Disabling the padlock icon for read-only .desktop files

Hello all,

I am locking down a desktop, and when the .desktop files for a user
are made root:root 644, a padlock icon is shown by them.

I would like to avoid this, as it makes the desktop look more unfriendly.
I have looked in GConf, but didn't find anything specific - however, I
might not have looked in the right places.

Is there a way to disable the displaying of the padlock for icons?

Calum