Re: sending apps to the right place in the menu

Calum Benson wrote:

On 11 Dec 2008, at 20:12, rosea grammostola wrote:

Thanks again. I get it now... almost

A questions remains...
Let's take Ardour for example. If I install Ardour in for example Debian, it
will be placed in a certain position in the menu.

Let's say I want to build a distro with a new submenu. I make a repo for it and I want that Ardour will be placed in the new submenu when people who are
using my distro, install it.

What should I edit when I make a debian package of Ardour (or any other
app)? How do I make sure Ardour is placed in my 'third party' submenu when
it is installed by people?

Getting out of the realms of what I can say for sure myself, now... if nobody else here can help, you might have better luck over on xdg freedesktop org, where the menu file specifications are devised and discussed.