Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 57, Issue 1 terminal won't start

Problem has been fixed as I found many other problems with my installation
so I did a complete re-install of Fedora10/Gnome and all is well.

Ouch!  Oh, well, as long as you're back up and running, that's a good thing.
From my experience when one is new to Linux one does end up doing a complete re-install probably 3 times, this is part of the learning curve and once one is over these initial hurdles it does become much easier.

Also with a new install there are quite a lot of updates which should be done.