Making PCmanfm default file browser

Hi,
I'd like to make pcmanfm my default file browser so when I click on
system, home or wastebasket it appears instead of the gnome default. No
offence but I don't think it's as useable. How would I go about this?
I've got it installed, but I'm not sure which config files I have to alter.

It would be really good if there was a central point where you can
choose your filemanager from those installed, as with say a music or
media player. What are people's thoughts on this?

Best regards
Jim