Re: openSUSE 11.1 - YaST Error Message in GNOME

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:03:31 -0500
Jay Mistry <jaylinux aol in> wrote:

>             Every time I open YaST through gnome, I get the following
> series of Error Messages:
>

> Quote:
>

> (zenity:8230): Gtk-WARNING **: GModule
> (/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/engines/libxfce.so) initialization check
> failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)
>

> This does not happen when YaST is opened from KDE.

Yast in KDE probably doesn't use GTK (I couldn't be sure though - dont
use SUSE).

> Any suggestions what the errors might mean ?

Probably that the GTK version is "too old". Does Yast still run
correctly?

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor