Re: GNOME Language selection panel

The tool is
/usr/bin/gnome-language-selector
and is not part of GNOME. It's part of Ubuntu, and might come from Debian.
To find the name of a tool, you can run the program and then at the
Terminal you can type "ps aux". Towards the last entries you should be
able to find the name of the program you are looking for.
You can search on "gnome-language-selector" on google for more.

For author details, you can run

dpkg -s language-selector

Simos