Re: How to control places menu

On 08/10/2009 11:18 PM, Rod Pitcher wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using fedora10. I have two other windows partitions. when i login to fedora, all windows partitions are listed in the places menu. I don't want this to happen coz I have some confidential data on my windows xp c drive ie, /media/WinXP. can anyone tell me how can i do that? which file is read by gnome gvfs deamon?

Thanks in advance

Pitcher

Check 3 things:

1. /etc/fstab
    if the windows partitions are mounted from fstab, you can comment out or delete those entries
2. The autofs automounter - I do not know if that is even in FC10. I am running fc11 and I do not
    see it anywhere except as a kernel module, which is not even loaded. Look for  /etc/auto* and
   see if any of those files have a reference to your windows partitions.
3. If 1 and 2 do not yield any answers, then you have some app that is getting started with root
    privs that is mounting them. If the /dev antries for those partitions is something like
rw-rw---- 1 root disk 8,  0 2009-08-10 21:16 /dev/sda
   then I do not see how they are getting mounted when you login as a regular non-superuser. It
   has to be a privileged process that is mounting them. Yo eed to find that process.

Cheers,

JD