Locale problems

I've been having some trouble with my locale settings and have had a very hard time finding anything useful on the internet.

Here's my situation: en_US.UTF-8 locale, but I'd like 24-hour time and weeks starting on Monday, so I've set my LC_TIME to en_DK.UTF-8.

However, it doesn't seem to be used correctly: only items I start from GNOME Terminal (e.g. `date`, `zenity --calendar`) will use the correct settings. If I use the GNOME Run box (Alt+F2), the correct settings are used.

However, the calendar is incorrect on the GNOME panel, and any application I start from the menu (or GNOME Do, for example) uses the incorrect locale.

I suppose this is an issue with environment variables, but I have set mine as correctly as I know how. I use zsh as my shell and currently I have `export LC_TIME="en_DK.UTF-8"` in .zshenv, .zprofile, .zshrc and .zlogin (the four files used in various ways by zsh when starting [1]).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

[1] http://zsh.dotsrc.org/FAQ/zshfaq03.html#l19

--
Andrew Conkling