Setting/seeding global nautilus metadata for directory?

I'm downloading album art for my collection of ripped CDs, and setting nautilus thumbnails for it in my music dir., but of course it's actually only doing it for me personally (in ~/.nautilus/metafiles).

Is there any way to do this globally (for the rest of the family), either by setting it in a . file in the dir. itself, or somehow seeding the info from there or elsewhere (akin to default gconf values)?

I don't want to have to do this for everyone, and merely copying the metafiles to everyone else's dir. won't keep their lists up to date.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature