different gnome-sessions for local and VNC?

Hi,

at work, i've got a 2 monitor setup. So I've got 4 gnome-panels. 2 for
each monitor, one at the top, one at the bottom.
Because there's plenty of space, I've got a lot of applets running.

That one time, i have configured my VNCserver to start a gnome-session.
(No, X11 forwarding is too slow for me, i need VNC) And of course gnome
loaded all the panels and stuff that i have on my 2 monitor setup.

But i don't want that. If possible, I'd like to have a separate
configuration for my 2 monitor setup and for VNC (mainly a different
panel & applet setup).

Any ideas, whether that is possible with gnome and how?

Regards,
  Sven