Re: Graphical windows auto-maximizing - annoying

On 29 May 2008, at 20:06, Todd N wrote:

Hello,

In F9, graphical windows in GNOME are exhibiting some bizarre, or at least unexpected, behavior. When a window is dragged across the screen, it automatically maximizes itself when its title bar nears the top of the display. Is this an issue specifically with GNOME? Is this an intentional "enhancement" to window behavior, or is it some sort of bug?

Sounds like a bug to me, doesn't do it here anyway (GNOME 2.22 on Solaris). You *are* supposed to be able to un-maximize a window by dragging its titlebar away from the top of the screen, but I'm not aware of the reverse ever having been implemented.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            GNOME Desktop Team