fedora9 orca crash2

Hello list.
I hope that I am giving useful info as a new user who just switched to
fedora9 from my first 8 install.
the system is as follows as far as I can gather:
1.  vid card: nvidia g force mx-4000
2.  fc9(speakup modified), no updates available
3.  atk, gail, at-spi installed  with updates obtained from svn for each
module, were installed in the above order
4.  orca 2.22-2  some concerning pre, obtained from svn, no complie
errors
5.  log into gnome running at run level 5, went to gnome-terminal typed
orca --text-setup
the following nasty error comes up, not sure what is needed: word wrap
is not easy getting this from someone who is parcially sighted!
file: */usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/orca.py*,line1821 in
the wpreferencesconsole module show preferencesui(_conmmandlinesettings)
file*/usr/local/lib/python2.5/sitepackages/orca/orca_console_prefs.py
line:437,in showpreferencesui file
*/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/orca_console_prefs.py*,
line747,in setupeech choice= int)sayandprint(.(*enter choice: *), false,
true) file
*/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/orca_console_prefs.py*,line111,in
sayandprint return raw_input(text) eoferror; eof when reading a line
I hope this helps, hand-copying this really sucks!

Another tid-bit:
launching orca from the (alt f2), run box does not produce a talking
setup nor anything visually remarkable
Any, any help is appreciated!
sincerely
Eric