gnome-terminal selinux MLS problem

gnome-terminal gives an assertion at line 1016 of terminal.c when I
try and run it at 'level' as follows:
'newrole -l CONFIDENTIAL-CONFIDENTIAL -- -c "gnome-terminal --disable-factory'

The problem may be that it has not been able to load a profile. One
further complicating factor may be that we polyinstantiate by level
/tmp and a number of the users '.' directories like .gconf, .gnome,
.gnome2, etc ... I've made sure that there is a CONFIDENTIAL .gconf
instance directory containing
apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/%gconf.xml but this had no
affect. Can anyone help me understand profile loading and why this is
failing?