Feature Request: Align Selected Icons

I hope this is the right place for a feature request. I don't like the
way keep aligned handles text in gnome right now, so what I usually do
is: check Keep Aligned, and move icons in a few columns and rows that
I want aligned, then uncheck Keep Aligned and move freely those
columns and rows. That's ok, but when I add a new icon, it's hard to
align it by hand with the existing rows and columns, and checking Keep
Aligned messes up the way my icons were arranged.

So what I'd like is to be able to select a few icons, and have in the
context menu a "Align Selected Icons"->"Horizontally"&"Vertically".
This should align only the selected icons in a row or a column.

I don't know if it's easy or not and it's not a vital feature, but it
would make the overall experience more pleasurable.

--
Cristi Cobzarenco