Re: Disable changing desktop with scroller

On Wed, 2008-01-23 at 07:43 +0100, Freek wrote:
> Hi  guys,
>
> I  just bought a new mouse which has "smooth" scrolling wheel (let's
> skip commercials :-) ).
> The problem is that whenever the background in gnome gets "scroll"
> event, it changes desktop.
> And as the wheel is smooth it just starts changing desktops very rapidly
> (N times/sec).
>
> So the question is kinda simple- where and how can I disable changing
> desktop with mouse wheel?

This doesn't happen in stock Gnome, so it's probably one of:

1) A different window manager (e.g. Compiz)
2) A patch from your distro

A quick Google search turned up this:

I don't know that that's the cause of the behavior for you,
but it seems like a likely candidate.

--
Shaun