Re: Cleaning up thumbnails

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 17:25 -0500, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> Oh,,,,
>
> Peter L. Berghold wrote:
> >
> > Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> >
> >> #!/bin/sh
> >> find ~/.thumbnails -type f -atime +30 -exec rm {} \;
> >>

> > If I dissect what you are putting together here what I see is you are
> > asking find to locate all normal files whose **accessed time** is
> > greater than 30 days.
> >
> > Is it possible than they have all been accessed within the last 30 days?
> I did a man find, and thunked back a few hours. Ooops. I had looked at
> that directory with Nautilus. Even though only some of the files showed
> in the viewing window, they were all touched.
>
> So to start I did a -mtime +30 and took the directory down to ~1700
> files. Now I will set up a cron with the -atime +30 and be good, and not
> look into the directory with Nautilus.

Try This variation I find removes them all.  The first time I did I was
surprised how many gig I was wasting.

#!/bin/sh
find ~/.thumbnails/fail/gnome-thumbnail-factory/ -type f -name * -exec
rm {} \;
find ~/.thumbnails/normal/ -type f -name * -exec rm {} \;
find ~/.thumbnails/large/ -type f -name *-exec rm {} \;

Sorry about the word wrap.

^^