Recent Documents in a custom menu

Hi, everone!
I'm building a custom menu to use instead of the [Applications][Places][Desktop] one. To do that, I have edited the /etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications.menu file according to my preferences. Then, I have created and/or edited some of the /usr/share/applications/*.desktop and /usr/share/desktop-directories/*.directory files to match with the entries I wrote in /etc/xdg/menus/gnome- applications.menu. After that, I set some keys in gconf in order to make the menu appears in the panel. That worked fine. I had no problems with that.
When I want to add a new application, I just create the .desktop file. When I want to add a new directory/sub-menu, I create the .directory file and edit the gnome-applications.menu file.
But... What should I do to add the "Recent Documents" sub-menu? The one that appears in the [Places] menu. I do not know if there is a .directory or .desktop file in this case...
Can someone help me?
Thank you a lot!