Weird freeze when click-killing windows.

Hello, list.

I'm using gnome version 2.14.3, built on the 15.02.07. I'm using a
Debian distribution, predominantly the stable release, but with some
packets from the testing release, (and a few from unstable /
experimental). This includes gnome, which I upgraded rather brutally
lately. I'm using a linux kernel on a amd64 architecture, version
2.6.20, customised by my vendor for my HP compaq nx6325 laptop.
http://www.puchalla-online.de/nx6325.html for details.

With my new version of gnome, when I try to kill a window by clicking on
the top-right little cross, the desktop often freezes. Except for the
mouse, which is still available. In fact, it doesn't freeze completely
immediately, but within a few seconds after the click, I do not have
much choices left except than pressing ctrl-alt-backspace, and restart a
new X session.

Please let me know if this behaviour is known. If yes, how can I solve
it? If not, how could I look more in detail at what's happening?

Thanks for your help.

Guillaume Yziquel.

Get a free email account with anti spam protection.
http://www.bluebottle.com/tag/2