gnome-terminal and F1

gnome-terminal 2.18.3 currently captures the F1 event which will run up
yelp with the documentation for gnome terminal.

In previous versions (<= 2.16 ?) I was able to deactivate this catch,
so that for example F1 when having mutt in the terminal displayed the
mutt help manual.

This seems not to be possible anymore with gnome-terminal 2.18, any
hint?

I have a similiar problem with a telnet session, the
<Control>+<altgr>+"+" (which should correspond to <control>-"]" in my
keyboard) is captured and will result in the increase of the font size
used by the terminal, so that the only way that I know to terminate
the telnet session is to kill the window/telnet process.

A better design of the whole stuff would consider the use of a
modifier key (e.g the menu key present in most keywords) choosable by
the user which could be used to send all the event to the terminal,
rather than stealing out events meant to be sent to the application
running in the terminal.

For example I configured my windown manager (sawfish) so that it now
uses combination of super (the window key) for every WM command, in
this way I don't have any conflicts with applications keybindings.

Since the special nature of the gnome-terminal application, this would
seem to me a reasonable approach. I'd like to know the opinion of
other users/devs.

Best regards and happy gnoming.
--
Stefano Sabatini