gconf-editor

Do the keys in gconf-editor for Nautilus and the gnome-panels change between releases?

I am using Ubuntu 8.10... which used GNOME 2.24. I wrote a simple BASH script with a Zenity GUI that does some simple things.

It sets the keys that put the home folder, volumes, etc on your desktop. It works great on my computer, but other people are having things not work.

I wondered if it was becuase the keys have changed between 2.22 and 2.24?

Thanks for your time,

-Nick