copying few settings from one desktop to another

Another problem I struggle with.

I've got corporate environment here, with many users sharing one Unix environment. Having tens of workstations makes automating setup critical. The question is - what files should be copied (i.e. names, there from and where to) to transfer toolbar icons and mime associations from my (root desktop) to chosen user desktop on separate machine?

What I need is having "quickstart" buttons transferred for few applications and also double-click on their docs enabled.

Nie szukam kochanka!