Re: Can't add trashcan to desktop ??

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 12:49 AM, bulislaw <bulislaw gmail com> wrote:

>> Hi;
>>
>> Could be the same problem as jt.  But trashcan disappeared off my
>> desktop a couple of days ago and gconf-editor => nautilus won't put it
>> back.  I have added the trashcan to my bottom panel but would prefer it
>> on my desktop.
>>

> Right click on the desktop (or other location)->add (im not sure my
> translation to English) activator, next change type to location, and in
> location field put: trash:///, name it like you want ;)

What a great idea - a classic "why didn't I think of that?" - I can
use it to put a wastebasket / trash icon on my panel (fixing my
separate problem from 2 threads ago) thus:

Right-click on panel, select "Add to panel", select "Custom
application launcher", then either:

a) use "Type: Application", "Name: Trash" and "Command: nautilus trash:/", or
b) use "Type: Location", "Name: Trash" and "Location: trash:/"

bulislaw, you're a genius (for finding a workaround for my previous
problem and not even realizing it) - thank you.

Jaime :-)