Nautilus Sort Order

How do I make is so numbers are sorted normally in nautilus and the file open/save dialog? Currently, if I make files like '1', '10', and '2', nautilus sorts them as 1 2 10. ls sorts them correctly as 1 10 2.
Additionally, numbers are being sorted before other characters like '+'.
Furthermore, '#' shows up at the end but it should come between '"' and '$'.

I've looked for a configuration option for this in the preferences and gconf but haven't been able to find one. I have LC_COLLATE set to POSIX but this doesn't help.