Re: Problem choosing icon when add new application launcher?

On Sun, 2007-09-09 at 22:42 +0200, Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

> If I add an application launcher, then the only place I can choose icons from is under /usr/share/pixmaps, is this
> by design or is there some settings I can change so I can browse to any directory and choose an icon?
> (having to copy the icon to /usr/share pixmaps to use it, is a bit annoying...)

You should be able to hit 'browse' and select another folder. I have
also wondered about this default location. On Gentoo, /usr/share/pixmaps
is populated with the most basic and visually unappealing icons I've
encountered. I think it would make more sense to default this to
~/.icons ( or ~/.icons/$CURRENT_THEME ) but perhaps there is a good
reason why /usr/share/pixmaps is the default.

You can make 'shortcuts' or 'places' or whatever they are, to folder
locations, by dragging the folder to the left-hand pane when you've got
'places' mode activated in the left-hand pane in Nautilus. So at least
this makes it faster to navigate to your icon folder.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer