ppp logging

Hello,

Please ignore if this is OT.

I use the panel applet modem-lights to connect and disconnect my dial-up network connection. It works extremely well but it doesn't appear to have a logging facility.

As I am in a remote area the connection speed varies considerably and it would be very beneficial if I could log the connection speed at every connection.

Is there a way to log the connection speed? I know kppp allows this but it doesn't work on my system and modem-lights is extremely simple to use and very reliable so I prefer to stick with it.

I have looked through all the system logs that I know of but none of them have the ppp connection logged.

Is there way way to log the ppp activity so that the connection speed is shown?

Ta.

Kind regards,

Graeme.