Re: video scrensaver

On 5/17/07, Stefano Sabatini <stefano sabatini-lala poste it> wrote:

I think it should be possible.  See /usr/lib/xscreensaver and
/usr/lib/gnome-screensavers to have a look at the various screensavers
available. You only need to add there a program (or eventually a
script which launch e.g. mplayer) supporting a given interface.

Ask the xscreensaver docs (gnome-screensaver supports the same plugin
system) to discover how to add such a script or eventually ask google
(and eventually share with us what you discovered) ;-).

I'm running CentOS (RHEL) 5.0, and it only comes with four
screensavers.  I'm also interested in getting more, but I do not have
either of the above noted directories on my system.

Yum tells me I have gnome-screensaver.x86_64 installed, version
2.16.1.  I tried to install 2.16.3 from gnome, but configure blew up
when I tried to run it with this:

checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module
is required for intltool

I'm not sure where to go from here....

--
Mark Hull-Richter