Terminal: right-click behavior

Hello,
I have used GNOME Terminal from time to time over the past few years,
but most of the time I end-up typing xterm& and do 90+% of my command-line
work in the xterm.  Why?  Because of what I call the right-click problem.

Having been a UNIX/xterm user for eons, early-on I came to appreciate the
standard xterm behavior for copy-paste.  An important part of that is use
of the right-click to mark the end-of-selection point.

However, when I use GNOME Terminal, instead of right-click marking the
end-of-selection point for copy/paste, a totally useless (to me, anyway)
menu pops-up!

HOW CAN I CONFIGURE GNOME Terminal TO USE THE RIGHT-CLICK TO MARK
THE end-of-selection POINT FOR COPY/PASTE INSTEAD OF POPPING-UP A MENU ?

Thanks in advance :)
-Kurt, kplloyd gmail com