Re: Evolution "generic error"

Hi Jeff,

First of all, Evolution has its own mailing list -
evolution-list gnome org - please subscribe to it and direct your
evolution related queries to that list.

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 15:40 -0500, Jeff Solberg wrote:
> Hello,
>
>             I receive an error message when opening up a shared
> calendar using Evolution 2.8.3 in Microsoft Exchange mode. When I go
> out to subscribe to a users ?Exchange Calendar? I get a pop up window
> containing an error message that says ? GENERIC ERROR?. Any one else
> run into this issue?

Is your GAL server getting resolved by <hostname.domainame>, if not add
an entry in your /etc/hosts and it should start working.

If this is not the case, please send us E2K_DEBUG trace of Evolution,
Evolution-data-server and Evolution-exchange.  See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml for how to get
E2K_DEBUG traces.

Thanks,

V. Varadhan

--
Veerapuram Varadhan <vvaradhan novell com>