Starting gnome after text-based install

I have just dropped Centos 5 on a laptop with only 256M memory. Problem was 24M is shared with the video card so the installer insisted on text, not graphical install.

I DID install gnome and specified it as my interface. But when I do an init 5, I come up in X not Gnome.

What do I have to change to fix this aberrant behaviour?

Oh, for those not familiar with Centos 5, it is basically RedHat Enterprise 5 which is based on FC6. Or so I am told anyway!